Hello

Hello everyone,
I know you are on school holidays now but some of you might visit the blog over the holidays. I am sorry I have been out of cyber space lately but the internet has been limited in some places and kept dropping out.
We have been to Yosemite National park on the look out for Yogi Bear! We didnt find him but there were a lot of warnings not to feed his friends or leave food around. Yosemite was beautiful and so peaceful. We went bike riding, small bush walks and best of all, we went rafting down the Mercad river. There were shallow and deep parts of the river making it difficult to raft down. There were little rapids to go throu too and sometimes we ended up spinning through them. When we were crossing the last rapid, we got stuck on a rock and we had to be nudged throuh by another raft, it was very funny. Our rafting adventures lasted about two hours. After that we had had to walk the raft up the river bank to the truck. We were exhausted but it was a lot of fun.
We packed up after two days and drove to San Francisco. I drove for a few hours which was scary because in America they drive on the opposite side of the road and the driver’s side of the car is also on the opposite side. I did very well though! It was a four hour drive to San Fran.
When we arrived, it was very cold and foggy. We drove to a look out to see the famous Golden Gate bridge but it was fogged in. We checked into our hotel and then walked down to ride the cable car. There was a big long line for the cable car but it moved very quickly. Once we got on, we settled in for a ride down to Fishermans Wharf riding the hilly streets of San Fran. We walked around and had dinner then caught a bus back to the hotel. We settled in for the night ready for our flight to Hawaii.
It was a four hour flight to Hawaii. I had a sleep while Mia and Cam wrote in their travel books and did some homework. When we arrived in Hawaii, we made our way to baggage collection, collected our bags and then caught a taxi to our hotel. The weather is beautiful and warm here and we are enjoying swimming.
Today we are going paddleboarding at the beach. It is nice and calm on the beach so it should be good conditions. We are going to also hire a car on Sunday and drive around the island and snorkel in different spots.
Thank you to everyone who has posted and written comments to me. I have missed you all and look forward to seeing you next term. I loved watching the Around the World video you made, it was wonderful.
From Mrs Froelich

One thought on “Hello