Yesterday the class and me went to the school fun run. I ran five laps. I was running first and then I was walking. We also got bread on a sausage. A whole lot of people ran there. It was tough run and it was a fun run. BY BAILEY!
|What is the problem in your narrative?|
|What solution did you think of?|
|What is another solution for your problem?|
We get to school in lots of different ways. Some of us ride our bikes, some walk,
some get dropped off by cars, some take school buses, and some of us even take taxis and
scooters! How do you get to school?
It is the same for us. We get to school by buses
What are your favourite foods? Our favourites are hot chocolate, chips, spaghetti,
sandwiches, Kraft Dinner, fruit and poutines.
We start school at 8:45 and end at 3:05 and go to school Monday to Friday, from
September to June, and then it is summer holidays. During the day we have two breaks
where we eat and then go outside for recess. We have students from Kindergarten to
Grade 8 here. We have a gymnasium with a big stage. We learn language, math, drama,
music, art, computers, social studies, science, and when we are in Grade 4 we start learning
French. We also get to take out library books. We have a big library and lots of computers
and iPads. Everyone sings Oh Canada in the morning. That’s our national anthem. What
does your flag look like? Do you sing an anthem too? What subjects do you learn in school?
Do you have Grade 1s and Kindergarten at your school? We have a Smartboard and we
LOVE getting to use it. Do you have one, too?
Hi Delhi Public School
This is what our class’s favourite sport is: soccer, aussie rules football, cricket, netball, gymnastics and two square. (by Chantel)
We start school at 9:00 am and finish at 3:30. We go to school from Monday to Friday. The beginning of our school year is at the end of January and the end of the year is just before Christmas. (by Chad)
During the day we have to breaks where we eat and then go outside for recess. We have students from Prep (age 5 to grade 6 (age 12). (by Matilda)
One of our favourite things at school is playing outside and my favourite one is football, markers-up and soccer. Chad likes cricket and Elise likes playing on the monkey bars. (by Jacob)
Bailey, Chad, Chantel and Jacob
My Place – Your Place
|Pularumpi Town on Melville Island||Pularumpi is at the “top end” of Australia|
The 2FS wrote a short recount about the Skype. They were practising the use of commas by using a list of student names and places in their writing by including the following information. Below is an extract of some of the students’ writing.
- The class and I Skyped to Pularumpi School yesterday. We talked to Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa.
- Their school was Pularumpi school on Melville Island, in the Tiwi Islands, in Northern Territory, in Australia.
- Yesterday my class Skyped the Northern Territory school in Melville Island, Australia. The teacher is called Mr. Mosley. Mr. Mosley’s students are called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. They are Aboriginal students. Next week we will Skype Bruce, Darnelle, Clara Pearl and Noelissa for more information. This time they are asking the questions.
- Yesterday we Skyped with the Tiwi Island. It was exciting.
- We asked them some questions and we told them where we live. They were in grade T/1 and there was one boy and four girls.
- There were 22 people in their class but some were away. They love fishing, football and soccer. Next week we are going to Skype with them again.
- Yesterday we Skyped with Pularumpi School. Their names were called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. Their favourite thing was swimming and fishing. They were in the Northern Territory, Australia, World, Universe!
1 A dragon is green
2 He is in the summer
3 He lives in a cave
4 He is springy
5 He cracks the ground
6 He is five meters long
7 He is in Shrek
8 He eats humans.
scary fearless bad
On Friday 14 of februday it was the BLPS Chinesse new year parade.We brang chinese Lanterns and masks.We had the celebration with our Buddies and the rest of the school.We saw a chinese-dragon.
On the holidays I went to the beach. I swam in the water. We had a nice lie down on the sand under the hot sun. After that I swam on my friend’s boogie board with my friend. His name was Cody. It was a great experience!