Yesterday we went to the fun-run. We had to 5 laps around the school. I was walking with Kyra then she left so I walked with Kaity. Once I had finished I was so puffed. When we were all done we got sausages. I put lots of sauce on. The sauceges were delicshes. We had pieces of paper that had ticks and when we had 5 ticks we got our sausages. I sat with my friends to eat. The whole day was really fun. I was exhausted when I got home.
On Monday the 1st of September. We went to Professor Math in the gym. He was really, really, really, really, really funny and he was a good juggler too. It was not a show because there was no one to help him. We played lots of games called Magnet Spider game, Cube Stack, Marble Race, Flick the Marble, Penguins, and Hit the Target. Some of them had a Super Challenge and they get a red cap and a yellow vest. And the most important rule of all was the too “stay”. My group was Bella, Lizzy and Emelia.
Hi 2FS today we went to a school. We donated some things. We donated pencils, textas, books and highlighters. We got lots of high fives. They all sang to us. We donated some money. It was lots of fun. Then we had a little swim back at the resort. Then we went to kids club and made shell necklaces and boats. It was awesome. Later we watched frog racing. We are having a great time!
At the airport we had to go through four queues. One of the queues had an x-ray machine at the end. After we saw our cousins Chelsea, Caitlin, Zoe and Asa. We played on our ipods and iphones until the plane was ready to take off. Once we were in the plane we had to wait for half an hour until the plane took off. Hayley and I were told to go to sleep but we couldn’t. Later, on the plane I fell asleep. Then we arrived in Fiji. It was 6:00am. Fiji time is two hours ahead of Australia. It was nice and warm.
In our classroom we have just finished studying transport so we thought we would take a quick trip around the world. We might even be able to catch up with Mrs. Froelich on her travels.
|What is the problem in your narrative?||Chanetel got turned into a animal.|
|What solution did you think of?||The witch turned Chantel back.|
|What is another solution for your problem?||The witch siad ” no” and tried to turn the prince into an animal too but her wand backfired.|
Emelia, Rad, Tyler, Elise and Chelsi
We have lots of wild animals. We see lots of raccoons and squirrels and chipmunks. We also have deer and we watch for warning signs that they might be around because we don’t want anyone to hit them with a car! There are some wild bears too but we don’t see them very often in southern Ontario. Here is a picture of a raccoon. They are nocturnal, so if you see them in the daytime that probably means there is something wrong with them!
What kind of animals do you have? Do you see kangaroos in the wild?
We often see kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and wombats in the wild. In some areas we have to very careful while driving because they jump out onto the road in front of the cars.
In Australia we have kangaroos, koalas, wombats, cockatoos, platypus, emus, turtles, lizards and echidnas. Our birds are kookaburras, rainbow lorikeets, magpies, budgies, fire-tail finches and lyre birds. (by Elise and Chelsi)
We don’t have any poisonous snakes or spiders. But one of us heard that there are some in
Australia! Is that true?
Yes it is true. We have tiger snakes, red-bellied black snakes and brown snakes in Victoria. We are always careful in the summer months in the long grass so that we don’t step on one. We don’t see them very often. (Tyler)
We have poisonous spiders like the Red-back spider, Funnel Web spider, White-tail spider, and Black Widow spider. (by Emelia)
On the holidays I moved house. I moved to Avenslea. It takes half an hour to get to school. It has a pool and a huge back yard. I love the house.
I see a rainbow and hailstones.
I hear banging and howling wind.
I smell damp, yucky things.
I am creeped out and freaked out.
I say I want the rain to stop.
My Place – Your Place
|Pularumpi Town on Melville Island||Pularumpi is at the “top end” of Australia|
The 2FS wrote a short recount about the Skype. They were practising the use of commas by using a list of student names and places in their writing by including the following information. Below is an extract of some of the students’ writing.
- The class and I Skyped to Pularumpi School yesterday. We talked to Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa.
- Their school was Pularumpi school on Melville Island, in the Tiwi Islands, in Northern Territory, in Australia.
- Yesterday my class Skyped the Northern Territory school in Melville Island, Australia. The teacher is called Mr. Mosley. Mr. Mosley’s students are called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. They are Aboriginal students. Next week we will Skype Bruce, Darnelle, Clara Pearl and Noelissa for more information. This time they are asking the questions.
- Yesterday we Skyped with the Tiwi Island. It was exciting.
- We asked them some questions and we told them where we live. They were in grade T/1 and there was one boy and four girls.
- There were 22 people in their class but some were away. They love fishing, football and soccer. Next week we are going to Skype with them again.
- Yesterday we Skyped with Pularumpi School. Their names were called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. Their favourite thing was swimming and fishing. They were in the Northern Territory, Australia, World, Universe!