My Place – Your Place
|Pularumpi Town on Melville Island||Pularumpi is at the “top end” of Australia|
The 2FS wrote a short recount about the Skype. They were practising the use of commas by using a list of student names and places in their writing by including the following information. Below is an extract of some of the students’ writing.
- The class and I Skyped to Pularumpi School yesterday. We talked to Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa.
- Their school was Pularumpi school on Melville Island, in the Tiwi Islands, in Northern Territory, in Australia.
- Yesterday my class Skyped the Northern Territory school in Melville Island, Australia. The teacher is called Mr. Mosley. Mr. Mosley’s students are called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. They are Aboriginal students. Next week we will Skype Bruce, Darnelle, Clara Pearl and Noelissa for more information. This time they are asking the questions.
- Yesterday we Skyped with the Tiwi Island. It was exciting.
- We asked them some questions and we told them where we live. They were in grade T/1 and there was one boy and four girls.
- There were 22 people in their class but some were away. They love fishing, football and soccer. Next week we are going to Skype with them again.
- Yesterday we Skyped with Pularumpi School. Their names were called Bruce, Darnelle, Clara, Pearl and Noelissa. Their favourite thing was swimming and fishing. They were in the Northern Territory, Australia, World, Universe!