Kyra, Alex, Josh, Bella, Joshua,
Here are some more questions we have for you:
1. What are your names? (Ours are Adele, Joshua, Neely, Mason, Alexis, Lexie, Gracie
and Miss Sabourin)
2. What was the hottest day there and how hot was it?
The hottest day in Berwick was 42 degrees Celsius (by Alex)
3. What was the coldest day and how cold was it?
We are not sure of the temperature of the coldest day but our temperatures rarely get below zero. Some mornings we will have a frost and the temperatures will drop to -4 but that is very cold for us.
4. What kind of trees do you have?
The trees that we have are Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Callitris, Mangroves and lots of others. Acacia trees are yellow wattle trees and the color of our sports uniforms for the Olympics
5. What kind of flowers do you have there?
Our flowers includes violets, roses, daisy, tulips poppies and daffodils. (by Kyra)
6. What kind of equipment do you have on your playground? (We have a big climber – we
will show you a picture of it! We call it the Spider Web and play tag on it at recess!)
In our playground we have monkey bars, slides, poles, stairs, ladders, a balancing thingy and climbing things. We have 4 playgrounds , one for the Preps, one for grade 1 and 2, one for grade 3 and 4 and one for grade 5 and 6. And we have 2 big ovals and 2 basketball courts. (by Joshua)
7. What games do you like to play?
We like to play crocodile, minecraft, forty forty, and 2 Square (by Josh)
8. What sports do you play?
Our favorite sports are soccer and aussie rules football . (by Josh)
9. What special holidays do you celebrate?
The holidays we celebrate are Christmas, Easter, Chinese New Year, Anzac Day and sometimes Halloween. (by Bella)
Do you have any questions for us? Our teacher told us you were learning about
transportation. Do you have any questions for us about gransportation in Delhi or our
We can’t WAIT to hear from you! We even made a class chart to record some of the new
information we will learn!
Your e-pals from the other side of the world,
The Grade 1/2 class at Delhi Public School